Mar. 6th 2012 – Auto of the day – Auto #3
1930 Duesenberg Model J Disappearing-Top Convertible Coupe
Coachwork by Murphy
CHASSIS NO. 2310
ENGINE NO. J-284
*Please note that this car is titled by its engine number and as 1932.
$1,600,000 – $2,200,000
- The Quintessential Model J Duesenberg
- Handsome Disappearing-Top Coachwork
- Owned by Prominent Duesenberg Collectors
- Retains Original Chassis, Body and Engine
- Supercharged and Equipped with Dual-Carburetor Configuration
- Displayed at the 2007 Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance
- Pictured in Beverly Rae Kimes’ Book: The Classic Car
- Perfect for ACD Meets, Concours and Classic Car Tours
SOLD US$2.64 mil.
Value: $1.5 – 2.0 mil.
Comment: A pretty awesome Duesenberg, but what a price, someone must have had deep pockets.